I recently started a new blog to vent my random thoughts, not just my frustration about my wife’s scrapbooking, or the side effects of being a coaching father… No, all those other thoughts! Wanna keep up with that blog? I have my own domain: EDSLINGERLAND …
Author: Ed a.k.a. Bubbah
Looking at the wheater reports for the last couple o’ days, gets me thinkin’ bout BBQ… But there’s always this hustle and all that makes the BBQ a lot of work…
- MAN gets BBQ & coals from the shed
- WOMAN cleans grill of BBQ
- WOMAN goes to the greengrocer
- WOMAN goes to the butcher.
- WOMAN goes to the bakery.
- WOMAN prepares salads and vegetables.
- WOMAN prepares the different meats.
- WOMAN puts all meat on a diss together with all other BBQ necessities, such as herbs etc.
- WOMAN brings cleaned grill and dish to MAN, who stands there waiting while holding a beer.
- MAN puts meat on the BBQ 1 by 1.
- WOMAN sets table.
- WOMAN checks vegetables she is cooking.
- WOMAN prepares dessert.
- WOMAN comes outside to tell MAN the meat on the BBQ is burning.
- MAN takes burned meat off the BBQ and gives it (on a dish) to the WOMAN.
- WOMAN takes plates and brings out the tableware.
- MAN pours drinks.
- WOMAN cleans table and makes coffee.
- WOMAN serves coffee and dessert.
- WOMAN cleans table again.
- WOMAN does dishes and cleans kitchen.
- MAN leaves BBQ be, there are still some coals burning.
- MAN asks WOMAN wheter she is happy she did not have to cook today.
- MAN sees WOMAN looking flabbergasted and concludes:
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE WOMEN…
For all those women that scrap…
Do you also suffer from temporary loss of memory or gaps in your timelines?
Finally a diagnosis was made for your problems
It is called S.A.D.D. or:
Scrapbook Attention Deficit Disorder
- You get to the car to go to the scrapbook store, but you look at the car and decide that the car needs to be washed, so you go back to the house to get a bucket of water and soap
- Upon entering the house you see the mail on the floor
- Ok, you will get the water, but first lets sort out the post
- You put the carkeys on your desk, sort the leaflets from the post and see that the wastebasket is full
- So you put the remainders of the post (including some bills) on your desk and take out the trash
- Oh No ! first let’s pay those bills…
- Where are those tranfer-forms?
- O….K…. Only 1 left….
- AH! The spare forms are in the top draw upstairs!
- He, your Coke is still standing there on the desk…
- First get those spare forms.
- Just to be on the save side lets put that glass away from the computer before knocking it over the keyboard…
- You know, let’s put the glass in the fridge to keep it fresh
- You walk into the kitchen and notice the plants are rather dry, they need water desperately
- You place your glass of Coke on the sink, and guess what… there are you sunglasses!!!
- You have been searching for them all morning!
- Let’s put them away before you forget
- Fill up the watering can and head for the flower pots
- Aaaargh!Someone left the TV-remote in the kitchen.When you will be watching TV tonight, no one will be checking the kitchen, so you will bring it to the living room at once!
- You pour some water on the plants, spill on the floor, drop the remote on a pillow of the chair and head back to the hallway.
What where you doing???
At the end of the day:
The car is not washed, the bills have not been paid, the glass of Coke is still out on the sink, the flower never got enough water, you still have only 1 tranfer form and you cannot find your carkeys….
You are trying to figure out why nothing happened today.
You have no clue, you were busy all day!
You are aware that you have a serious problem and need professional help soon, but first you come and check my blog…
And here you read this message, and you sigh in recognition…
IT HAS A NAME!
Scrapbook Attention Deficit Disorder
B.U.B.B.A.H. (Before Unpacking Best Be At Home)
I know I generally complain about her and her stuff (in boxes on the floor in the livingroom)… But when Denise send me this link on the complete story, I was like “Oh OK, maybe it ain’t all bad”…
Have fun reading; now you know that Scrapbook stores aren’t always what they seem to be! As you husband always tries to tell you, but you don’t listen, ’cause you’re already inside…
And look at it on the bright side: You can make a new layout with your mug-shots….
BubbaH! ORDER IN THE COURT!
Y’all know the meaning of “Scraplift”… Use an inspiring layout of another scrapper, to create a layout of your own. You could consider that plagiarism, but you can also take it as a compliment for your pretty work… However… There are circumstances that leave no …